Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationIndia - Bangalore
- Location TypeHybrid
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take a purist SRE approach to shared multi-tenant infrastructure for a resilient SaaS microservice-based containerized systems in addition to customer-centric application environments
- Oversee and automate the team’s growing presence in AWS
- Contribute to core infrastructure systems development with features, bug fixes, reliability improvements, etc
- Platform reliability engineering of a complex single sign-on SAML/OAuth-based central authentication platform
- Creatively build and develop tooling to aid in driving 24x7x365 follow-the-sun operations of critical production systems
- Automate deployment tasks for core product and infrastructure tools and maintain automation infrastructure
- Create system documentation and training materials to empower and educate our fellow team members
- Build and maintain observability tooling, metrics, and dashboarding for a global platform product infrastructure
- Improve our incident management lifecycle to identify, mitigate, and learn from reliability risks and issues
- Enhance platform observability with helping create a self-healing approach to platform reliability
- Collaborate with engineering teams, providing product feedback and where necessary contribute code to the product
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Software engineering and task automation skills with Bash, Python, and/or Go are a must.
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Deep background with Linux systems and engineering.
- Highly experienced with engineering and automating on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience supporting web applications running on Java / Apache / Tomcat in a live production environment.
- Prior experience with IaC tools like Terraform/Terragrunt/Terraspace.
- Prior experience with devops/gitops tools (Git, Bitbucket, Flux CD, Teamcity) for gate promotions.
- Production-At-Scale support background in a heavily microservice-based world.
- Hands-on engineering and ops expertise in containerization (Docker, Helm, Kubernetes/EKS, CNI and Ingress networking).
- Strong understanding of Single-Sign On, SAML, OAuth (Bonus if hands-on experience with Okta).
- Seasoned expertise around x.509 certificate technology and basic concepts of encryption.
- Experience working with Relational Databases such as Aurora Postgres and/or Oracle RDS.
- Advanced exposure to application development, web UI (design and development), JSON, application architecture.
- Experience strongly utilizing observability tools (logging/APM) like Datadog, CloudWatch, and PagerDuty.
- Familiarity with event store/stream-processing technologies like Kafka or AWS SQS.
- Understanding of Open Application Model systems such as KubeVela or Crossplane.
- Personal Qualities and Soft Skills
- You greatly prefer writing code than clicking a GUI.
- You enjoy teaching, being a mentor to others, and working across boundaries.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving.
- Strong analytical mind with a penchant for process development and enhancement.
- A highly positive can-do attitude with desire for being a team player.
- Great communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience.
- Demonstrate strong follow-through, a strong work ethic and consistently keep and meet commitments.
- Other Requirements
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to take turns with your teammates being on-call for weekend production emergencies or to provide rotating weekend operational support.
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.