Adventure's around the corner...
Software Engineer (Java)
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationPoland - Krakow
- Location TypeHybrid
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent level of proven experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with Java (min. 8/11+)
- Strong familiarity with object-oriented design patterns and best-practices (Clean Code, TDD, code reviews, pair programming etc.; Strong familiarity with Spring ecosystem (Core, Boot, Data etc.)
- Experience developing and deploying production REST APIs and Proven understanding of concepts surrounding microservices architecture
- Great understanding of DevOps tools, CI/CD and hands-on experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Comfortable working with Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, and Terraform
- Detailed problem-solving approach, coupled with a sense of ownership and drive; Excellent communication skills and ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to a varied audience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced Agile environment; rapidly absorb new technologies and to read, write, and speak fluent English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code approach and configuration management, using tools like Terraform or Ansible
- Experience in designing and maintaining large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in using public cloud providers, preferably AWS (EKS, DynamoDB, IAM, SQS, S3...)
- Experience in building platform software using Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud-native technologies
- Experience developing browser-based interactive web applications
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture
- Understanding of Domain-Driven Design
- Experience with the Operator Framework
Let’s make an impact.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.