Adventure's around the corner...
Staff Security Engineer
- DepartmentInformation Security
- LocationIndia - Remote
- Location TypeRemote
- Proactively partner with teams across the organization (infrastructure, application engineering, data analytics, etc.) to define, promote and implement security best practices that improve the security posture of our infrastructure.
- Working closely with business units, product teams, DevOps engineers and/or SRE's to embed security requirements and controls into DevOps environments and Cloud platforms( AWS and GCP)
- Architecture, configuration, operations, and maintenance of infrastructure, network and supporting software related to the cloud & application infrastructure
- Represent the Security Team in Security and Change Management Review Boards
- Act as a hands-on technical Security SME, handle complex and detailed technical work necessary to establish and maintain secure cloud environments.
- Owning and leading major initiatives and projects geared towards improving security posture; actively contributing to the improvement of the security program
- Guides junior team members in execution and understanding of function related tasks and projects
- Directly contributes towards advancing security domain knowledge across Guidewire through publication and presentations
- Provide on-call support and support Incident Response Team
- Experience with building and operating secure infrastructures with 8-10 years in Information Security (DevSecOps is required).
- Deep understanding and hands on experience of secure product development and engineering practices like threat modeling, secure design principles, secure coding, network security, identity management and authentication, encryption, container and container orchestration (EKS, ECS) security, penetration testing, code analysis, security testing, risk assessment and categorization, security monitoring and incident response to provide consultative guidance to global teams on improving security posture.
- Has a deep understanding of attacker tools, techniques, and processes and an extensive array of defenses/mitigations for them.
- Familiarity with enterprise security controls and security standard methodologies for Windows, Linux, and Mac systems.
- Proficiency in core security concepts, including cloud skills (preferred: AWS and GCP), networking and architecture
- Prior experience working closely with product and DevOps Engineers and/or SRE's on security requirements. Experience with DevOps environments and Cloud security controls is required ( AWS is a must)
- Excellent and effective communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills. Out-of-the-box thinking and ability to work with all levels of staff. Ability to articulate complex security concepts in simple business terms.
- Ability to own and lead major initiatives and projects which also includes ability to collaborate with stakeholders at different levels and geo locations Ability to influence junior engineers within the team and coach them without necessarily having direct reports
- Previous experience and the ability to handle and manage change well within and outside the team
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking (OSI stack, TCP, SDN, etc.).Experience with CI/CD tools such as TeamCity, CodeBuild, Github Actions, Jenkins etc.
- Experience using a programming language (would be a plus) such as Python or Go for automation
- Experience with infrastructure as code languages such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with Cloud Security services such as IAM, CloudTrail, GuardDuty, Organizations and Service Control Policies, Shield Advanced
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.